--From the play Death by Drowning--
I had a dream. I was at a concert where the lead singer was naked, standing in a huge vat of water. They were pumping air bubbles through a pipe into the tub, making the water look like it was boiling. (slight laugh) It was actually pretty cool...until the singer slipped. (full laugh) He was right in the middle of a long, high note, when suddenly he disappeared from view. I don’t know if they didn’t put treads down on the bottom of the tub or what. At first we thought it was supposed to happen, but then the man began to flail--he was a boy, really, no more than nineteen or so. And you know the funny thing? It took the other people on stage a good five minutes to do anything. They just stood there with their instruments, while their singer struggled to keep his head above water--the tub not large enough to swim, but his feet unable to get a grip on the bottom. When they got him out, he was twitching uncontrollably, exposed before the world there on stage. No one tried to cover him or anything--just let him lie there. I suppose there’s no sense in preserving a person’s dignity when you know they’re gonna die.
Welcome!
Thanks for stopping by! Here you'll find monologues for high school and college students, written by a theatre major. I, too, had trouble finding strong monologues for kids my age, and after reading many fruitless books with "youth" monologues, I decided to write my own.
Feel free to browse, and let me know if you find something helpful or not. Also, if you have need for a particular kind of monologue, let me know, and I might be able to whip something up special for you. :)
Usage rights are free, but all material is copyrighted, so make sure to ask before republishing--and don't pass the work off as your own.
Enjoy!
Feel free to browse, and let me know if you find something helpful or not. Also, if you have need for a particular kind of monologue, let me know, and I might be able to whip something up special for you. :)
Usage rights are free, but all material is copyrighted, so make sure to ask before republishing--and don't pass the work off as your own.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment